PROSPECTUS 2017 - 2018
Sacred Heart College, a minority institution, is managed by the Salesians of Don Bosco (SDB) of Chennai Province. This prestigious institution was established in 1951. It was affiliated First Grade College of Thiruvalluvar University. In recognition of its meritorious services in the sphere of higher education to the poor, Sacred Heart College was conferred accredited with 'A' Grade (3.43) in 2013 from the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). This institution has produced many Academicians, Educators, Vice-Chancellors, Scientists, Administrators, Social Workers and National Players.
- Admission to Sacred Heart College is no guarantee for a Degree. The College expects students to do serious and sustained hard work and to make maximum use of the facilities offered for their all-round development.
- The campus language is English. Hence the staff and students are expected to converse and correspond only in English.
- The use of Cell Phone in the campus is strictly prohibited.
- Smoking, drinking and drug-trafficking in the campus are strictly prohibited.
- Ragging in any form is a serious offence and those indulging in it will be summarily dismissed.
- Attendance is compulsory. Those who fail to get the minimum attendance of 75% will not be allowed to appear for the semester examinations.
- Students whose conduct or attendance or progress is not satisfactory are liable to be asked to leave the college.
- Students are required to wear their identity Cards certified up-to-date, on their person at all times and produce them to the duly appointed Security Guards on duty at the gates for entry and exit.
- College office must be kept informed with changes of address, if any, whether local or permanent.
- Students must maintain a sense of decorum and discipline inside the college and in the public places.
- Limited seats for UG boys. No Hostel for UG girls.
- For PG Boys and Girls Hostel facilities are available.
Compulsory laptop for all Courses.
NOTE FOR THE PARENTS
Parents are reminded that they are not absolved of their responsibility once their son/daughter is admitted to the college. The college expects parents or guardians to cooperate with the college authorities in the education of their children or wards. They should follow the student's progress in studies and general conduct in and outside the college. Their cooperation is solicited especially to ensure regular attendance. They are expected to come and see the authority whenever they are called by the Principal or HOD.
HOW TO APPLY
Application for admission can be obtained from the college website: www.shctpt.edu. The form duly filled and completed should be sent to the Principal, Sacred Heart College, Tirupattur, Vellore 635 601, immediately after the publication of Hr. Sec. Results. Incomplete forms will be rejected. Those who apply for PG courses should send their application duly filled (enter the marks of 5 semesters).
ADMISSION POLICY FOR UG COURSES
- Candidates without Mathematics in +2 are not eligible for taking up Computer Science, Computer Application, mathematics, Physics and Chemistry Course.
- Pure Science group students (Zoology & Botany) are eligible only for Biochemistry/Microbiology.
- All are eligible for Economics, Tamil and English Literature.
A Student once enrolled for a course is expected to complete the same.
He/she should not withdraw from the college without informing the Principal in writing. Otherwise, he/she will be liable to pay fees for the period
his/her name remains on the roll.
Fees once paid will not be refunded. The applicant should bring the following certificates in original and two sets of attested copies at the time of admission.
- S.S.L.C. Mark Sheet
- Transfer Certificate
- +2 Mark Sheet
- Two Stamp size photographs
- Degree mark sheet of PG/Diploma/Provisional
- Candidates who have passed an examination of other state Boards, other Universities and Foreign Boards should produce eligibility certificate from the Thiruvalluvar University.
- Community Certificate
- Fresh income certificate signed by the Revenue Officer not less than the rank of a Deputy Tashsildar.
- Aadhaar Card
- Differently Abled students should produce the certificate.
- P.G. Single girl's child should have a certificate from the Revenue Officer. 3 copies of a recent passport size photograph.
Government scholarships are obtained based on Government order. To help the bright, hard working and poor students, various types of scholarships are offered by the Management.
TO APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIP
- Attendance Certificate from the School last attended.
- Parent's Income Certificate issued by the Thasildar in 2017.
- Salary Certificate from the employer in 2017.
- Student's Bank A/c No.
FOR THE PUBLIC
Sacred Heart College does not accept CAPITATION FEE (OR) DONATION for admission. If anyone promises admission to the college or Hostel on a consideration of donation, the matter should be brought to the notice of the Principal/the Secretary immediately.
Students are advised to keep with them Xerox copies of all their certificates including TC before submitting the originals to the office. Requisition for original certificates once submitted in the office, will not be permitted.
- UG - Certificate Verification on 25/05/2017 at 09:00 AM.
- PG - Certificate Verification and Entrance Exam on 27/06/2017 at 09:00 AM.
- MCA & MBA - Certificate Verification and Entrance Exam on 27/06/2017 at 09:00 AM.
- M.Phil. - Certificate Verification and Entrance Exam on 24/07/2017 at 09:00 AM.